Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It's About Time

Unfortunately, last night I wasn't able to watch my adored "American Idol."

Even so, after tonight's mini review of last night, I have a few comments: 1) Sanjaya's hair may not have been as bad as it's been in the past, but that doesn't make it good. Nor does it mean he sang well. If this evening's opener was any representation of how he sang last night, we're in trouble. Make that one comment. I can't remember whatever else I was going to say. Maybe that Blake is hot? He is...

Speaking of that opener, Sanjaya and Haley should not have sung a duet together. They truly are the weakest of the bunch, and whoever paired them didn't do either of them any favors.

I was also horrified by Seacrest's interview of random people in the street. For some reason, many of them seemed to LIKE Sanjaya. Is it me, or is something wrong here?

On the other hand, last night seemed to have just the type of music I enjoy, which makes me even sorrier to have missed it. (Is "sorrier" a word? More sorry? I don't know. Blast) I could have - and would have been dancing. It's probably good I missed it.

As for the JLo thing. I was quite impressed with myself. Spanish is not my strength (far from it), but I still understood the majority of it. Yay. I'm chalk it up to practising bits and pieces of Spanish a bit over the last couple days. Amazing how using it a little bit improves it so quickly.

And, though I didn't actually hear Simon's comment on Haley's appearance, I'm inclined to agree with him, as I generally tend to agree with him. Whether Haley wants to admit it or not, I'm quite certain that she knows that only Sanjaya has less talent than her. As a result, she went after the male vote by baring breasts and legs. It got her this far, but no further.

And to quote a very dear friend, who was not tossing out a person but gum, "Au revoir, terrible."

(That should be quite understandable. If it's not... well, not even "babelfish" can mess up "au revoir.")

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm glad that Haley's bared body parts will never flash across my screen again. Hurray!

And now, I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Melody said...

LOL!

writerwoman said...

I could not believe that Sanjaya got to sing with Joe Perry in the finale. A true low point in Joe's career. I feel for the guy.

Your post made me LMAO.