10. Daydream. This works until your daydreams start putting you to sleep. Sleeping while driving is bad.
9. Talk to yourself. Or sing. This works well, but you might feel dumb. Other drivers - with people in their car - might look at you funny.
8. Call people and force them to talk to you. This only works if people answer. You look less odd.
7. Splash water in your face. It feels amazing, and it wakes you up. Drinking water also wakes you up, especially cold water.
6. Ice cream. McDonalds, Dairy Queen, the bars from gas stations, anything will do. Instant sugar. It kinda wakes the body up because of the cold. It's a quick thing, though.
5. Coffee. Or espresso. Chug it! Or drink it slowly... savoring is best. Those buggers are expensive.
4. Apples. They have the sugar of coffee and ice cream, but they take longer for your body to digest because of the fiber, and they're healthy.
3. Cold air. Just turn on the air or roll the window down. The problem is when you get cold and wanna turn the heat on. That'll put you right back to sleep, I promise.
2. LOUD music. Combined with cold air and coffee or apples, this is amazing.
And number one is:
1. Imagine how satisfying it would be to punch/kick/beat up someone you're mad at... or detest. This works unless your forceful punches make you shake the car. And then the terror of going off the road wakes you up. You win both ways!