Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Butler Did It

It has been busy. Even so, Melody and I were able to go and see "The Butler Did It" at Grace with Celi yesterday.

I love Grace plays, normally, but I really wasn't a fan of last night's play. In my opinion, it wasn't at the normal caliber I've come to expect of Grace Plays. And that's not because of the acting. The acting was fantastic. The play itself was just really over-the-top cheesy. Funny, yes. Quite a lot of it was funny, but it just wasn't amazing. My favorite character was, hands down, Chastity (or was it Charity) Haze... not really sure on the last name's spelling, but she was great. The other characters all annoyed me to a certain degree.

That's not that it was terrible. The scenes were amazing, the set-up was adorable, a lot of the way they did things was fantastic. As I said, the acting was marvelous... the play was just too full of cheese. Or something.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I saw it this weekend. I think I agree with you about the script being cheesy.