Yesterday,I found a list made while in France of all the crazy things that happened in Paris. Some of them are more along the lines of "You know you're a student in Paris when..." so I have two separate sections.
You Know You're In Paris When...
1) A policeman glances at you, standing sopping wet in the pouring rain, looks you over, nods his head, then proceeds to stop traffic for you that you might finally cross the road.
2) A really scary guy tells you you're beautiful, and then proceeds to ask why you're not married, if you have a boyfriend, and where exactly you live in the U.S.
3) You don't look at a guy unless you're interested. In other words, you don't look at a guy, because if you do, he'll think you're interested.
4) People driving on the sidewalk honk at you to get out of the way
5) An old lady hits the car in front of hers, get out of her car, checks for damage, gets back in and does exactly the same thing.
6) It takes 20 minutes to leave because you have to kiss everybody goodbye.
7) You don't worry about being late because it's more than likely the other person will also be late, and they're thinking exactly the same thing about you.
8) It starts to rain and everyone promptly a-pulls out an umbrella, b-runs for the nearest store or c - backs against a wall - all at the same time.
9) It makes sense to list the price of everything in both Euros and Francs - even though Francs are not accepted. Anywhere.
10) When you enter the Metro expecting it to smell like someone just peed, but are surprised when it does, but not at all surprised to see someone peeing in front of you.
11) You see a man painted in green wearing a blue thong.
12) You see another man painted in green wearing a blue thong. This one is drinking a Heineken.
13) The first man painted green wearing a blue song notices you looking at him and thinks you're interested.
14) You find yourself eating peanuts, nutella and a clementine for breakfast and are not surprised.
15) You're surprised when there is meat and bread at a picnic, but not surprised by the champagne.
16) All around you, people are talking to themselves - constantly
17) You find yourself joining in...
18) You have addresses from people you've only met one time.
19) When a man asks you for help what he really wants to know is if you have a boyfriend
20) You tell yourself never to go somewhere, say something, or do something again, and within one week...
Tomorrow, look for "You Know You're a Student In Paris When..."