Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Dogs





Today, I was walking around Camelot Lakes, one because it's good for me, and two because I like to go for walks.
When about 25ish minutes into my walk (which usually takes 45-50 minutes), 4 dogs, which had been playing in a field nearbye decided that I looked like a good person to walk with. Next thing I know, four dogs are jumping up and down on me. They're very sweet dogs, and they just wanted to play, and I do like dogs, but not four of them. And not four strange dogs.
They followed me for the next 45 minutes (it took a bit longer with the additions). I'm all worried they're going to get hit by a car.
I called both numbers on their tags. I called my friend, who gave me the number for the police. I called the police. I was informed that they weren't high on the list of concerns, and that I would have to stay with them until someone came. I said no, they weren't mine, added that it was cold outside, and that I only called because I don't want them hit by a car.
The woman on the other end of the phone said rather tersely, "Well, you're just going to have to figure something else out."
I almost laughed, and answered, "When they decide to do something about it, tell the officers this is where the dogs are..." gave her the address, said goodbye, and muttered something under my breath. The dogs jumped on me some more. They seemed to do that whenever I was on the phone.
They followed me to my apartment complex, but not inside. No dogs allowed. They're home now. Or on their way, at least (The first two phone calls paid off).
And, being the smart person I am, I took pictures.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I hate it when people think that just because you're concerned about a problem that is unrelated to you...that, that somehow makes it actually your problem.